Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

My newfound best friend~ Patterns!

Okay...  So, I've shared my secret with you last time which to this day as I look back at all those years of knitting by my "perfect" method, makes me smile :)  Why?  Because it worked so well for me!  I actually am capable of writing a perfectly sound pattern just like any other knit designers'.
Please do not confuse this statement with my being conceited and/or arrogant, I am simply stating the fact of what works for me and that I enjoy writing patterns as much as knitting them.


The reason I like writing my own patterns is that I could create the piece however I want!  Sure, I have a ton of books on knitting and also check out two tons of books from the library but when it's time for me to focus and actually knit, I almost ALWAYS tweak the pattern I am using as a reference to make it my very own.


Have you ever felt that you were at a total loss while studying a pattern?
I have...
But do not worry... you just have to practice reading them-
Also, I do not like to work from charts.  When chart reading is not your forte, make it so~ by simply writing it out!  That's what I do and it works every time.


Well... if you CAN'T read a chart... I can't help ya, there... just kidding... 


Try deciphering a simple chart using the skills of basic chart reading and always, always write down as you work your way through.  Remember, take baby steps with positive mental attitude, and soon chart reading will be a piece of cake~ oh, yeah, and you get to eat it, too-


One last thought on my newfound best friend...
As you study patterns in abundance, you will become more familiar and comfortable with them as well as you will love them as you would love your best friend; unconditionally!


So, go ahead, befriend a Pattern... you will thank me, someday...


I P-R-O-M-I-S-E   :D

No comments:

Post a Comment