Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hmm... Patterns? What's that???

I have to admit...
Until a few years ago, I absolutely despised reading patterns!


What?  What was that? you may ask... for how can you call yourself a knitter if you despise reading patterns?  It's an absolutely asinine statement that it's ludicrously unfunny :)


Okay, okay... Sheesh-  there was (notice a past tense) a perfectly logical explanation for this fact.  Remember a few postings ago when I told about having to learn the terminology and reading the patterns in the Korean Language?  That has everything to do with "why" I couldn't stand to read the patterns in English.   I didn't know the terminology in English let alone muster the courage to actually learn and memorize them. 


Who has time for such things???


Knitting is about unleashing your own inner creativeness; not some chore you have to endure...


There, I've just divulged the truth that I was back then embarassed to admit, but now I openly tell my fellow knitters.


So, to get back to the subject of pattern reading, I simply did not.


Every time I knitted, I wrote my own patterns complete with my freehand design illustrations of what my creation is going to be.  I envisioned the end product and kept on knitting.


I went on to knit for a few more years with my "perfect" method :) until I was good and ready to give this... this... uh... "pattern reading in English" a try~


After that, life was A-L-L good :D

No comments:

Post a Comment